Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I like BIG BOOKS & SVG Outline Tips

Hey, everyone! I hope you're having a terrific Tuesday, so far. I have a quick little card to share with you today, along with some tips for using the SVG Outlines for your stamped images. Here's my card:

I got these fun books and the sentiment from the Pretty Cute Stamps Adorkable stamp set. To make this a super quick project, I stamped the book images on the Adorkable SVG Outlines. These files work with any electronic cutting machine that can use SVG files. When you import these SVG files into your cutting file software, they should hopefully import at the correct size for stamping. But, just in case, I've included the approximate sizes on the preview image for the outlines. So, you can double check once you open the files. Mine imported into my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition at exactly the correct size. When I decided to cut some of the outlines out, I just went ahead and cut out a whole bunch of different shapes. That way, I'd have them when I need them, and I don't have to fire up my Cameo when I feel like coloring some stamped images. 


Here's a couple of tips for stamping on the outline cutouts: 
  • Be sure to cut out a few duplicates of the same shape. That way, if you mess up with your coloring (like I always seem to do) or just don't stamp the image in just the right place, you have a backup). 
  • Keep your cutouts stuck to the mat of your cutting machine. That way, they won't move around while you are stamping. 
  • Be sure that you are positioned directly above the cutout when you are stamping. That will help make sure that you are stamping in just the right place. Then, just look though your clear acrylic stamping block, line up the stamp with the cutout (leaving a consistent border around the image), and stamp. 



I decided to just go ahead and stamp all of my images on the cutouts. That way, I'll have the images ready for me when I'm ready to color them. I'll just pop them off of the mat and store them in an acid free container or envelope.

For my card above, I stacked a couple of the stamped images of the books. I just trimmed the top border off of the bottom set of books so it would look like a really tall stack of BIG BOOKS. Then, I colored the images with my Copic markers.

I hope these tips help you use the SVG cutouts. Each set is just 99 cents, and they make stamping images that you intend to cut out SO easy. I've been working on getting some SVG outlines for previous releases done, so I hope to have them in the store soon.

Okay, now for some exciting news! The September Stamp Release is almost here! YAY! Here's the info for you (click on the image to enlarge it).  So, be sure to come back on Friday for the start of our Sneak Peeks! YAY!  I can't wait for you to see the new stamp sets!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)