Friday, November 14, 2014

Leapin' Lizards it's COLD outside!

Okay, so I realize in some parts of the Earth it's much colder than 18 degrees, but for New Mexico, trust me, that IS COLD! With that said, I'd like to think about summer for a minute. 

Okay, maybe not summer, but definitely creatures you would see in the beautiful summer weather. For our super fun Sneak peeks, today, I wanted to focus on GIFTS. Because, it's Christmas time and I feel like it's also crunch time. So here is a cute gift you can make for neighbors, your primary class, classmates...the sky is the limit here. 

Let me show you some pictures and then I will tell you how you can create your own with some simple supplies!


 I keep things! Like a pack rat, but not really, I mean...it's organized! That doesn't count as a pack rat right? And who cares that my husband looks at me funny when I ask him to save his Altoids containers, they make cute storage for puzzles! P.S. You can cover that if you'd like but I like the look of it. 



Supplies
1. Leapin' Lizards stamp set from the November Pretty Cute Stamps Release (due out on November 19). 
2. Water Color Paper cut at 8x8 or the size you'd like your puzzle.
3. Water based stamp pads in the color of your choice. I use Stampin' Up inks to color but  you can use any water based ink really. 
3. StazOn Ink
4. Paint brush

Optional supplies:
*Altoids container
*Die Cut Machine-I give alternatives to this below
*Laminator-I give alternatives to this below
*An acrylic block (used for both stamping your image as well as for coloring)

Directions
1. Cut a piece of water color paper to the size of your puzzle shapes (8x8) for this puzzle. 
*If you do not have a die cutter you will be using your cutter to cut straight lines. If you want to be fancy use your scissors and cut out wavy lines! ECK

2. Using StazOn ink and the Leapin' Lizards stamp set, stamp your desired images all over your paper. 

3. With your desired Water based inks "stamp" a small smidgen of ink onto your acrylic block. *If you don't have an acrylic block you can use wax paper or freezer paper it works the same. 

4. With a paint brush pick up a small amount of your ink and get coloring. Work from the under part of the body up spreading your color in that direction as the under part of the body is normally darker. (For coloring I personally use watercolor pens but a paint brush will work as well)

*Optional- Laminate your image whole. (If you don't own a laminator you could seal your image with school glue or mod podge but you will need to be very liberal with it as it could smear your coloring and wait for it to completely dry prior to cutting anything.)

*Optional- Set your cutting machine to 7 or higher because you will need to cut through a thicker paper now. (You may have to pause your machine and increase your blade depth if you notice it is not cutting all the way through.)
I found a free Puzzle SVG online just by googling "Free Puzzle SVG".
-If you do not have a cutting machine you can now use your cutter and make squares. Alternatively you can use scissors and get creative. 

Now decorate your altoids container and you are all set. Give this as a fun gift or keep it for yourself as a "purse entertainer" for your little ones!

Be sure to come back all week as the Design Team Gals have some FABULOUS projects to share with you! Trust me...I've seen them, so I speak the truth! ;)

Hugs and Creative Blessings,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)