Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pumpkin Purse

Hello! Debbie here with a fun fall project for you all.

I am loving this fall weather we are having! With fall in the air, I have created a fun little pumpkin purse for you using Thanksgiving Eats. I just love the little pumpkin in this set.

I used this tutorial on making the purse, but cut my cardstock base 9" x 9" and then scored at 3" and 6" and followed the rest of the instructions.
The topper is a Nestibilities die. I cut two of them and glued them together to give the flap more support. I adhered the back to the center back of the "purse" and added 1/2 of a Fastener Tab from Tombow. I love that these are so thin and have very little bulk.

The velvet ribbon handle is adhered to the topper with mini brads. To me velvet just says "fall" and I love the extra texture to the project.
To create the pumpkin "button" closure, I stamped the pumpkin first onto the cream designer paper and colored the stem and leaf with Dual Brush Pens by Tombow, then stamped it again on 2 different designer papers.

I paper pieced those and then punched with a circle punch and punched 2 more on plain cardstock and adhered them all together. I knew I would need the sturdiness the bulk gave it as this is what will be open and closing the flap and I didn't want it to tear.


Here is a peek (although a bit blurry, sorry about that) of what it looks like opened. Now off to find some goodies to fit inside it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)